The Management School is pleased to announce further success at the ESRC Festival of Social Sciences.
Date: 8 November 2012
Venue: The Edge, The University of Sheffield, Endcliffe
To register: Click here to register your free place at the seminar
This one-day symposium explores how to create effective people, teams and organisations by drawing on the shared expertise and experience of a group of exceptional performers from the worlds of sport, medicine, specialist security and business.
- Andy McCann, Sam Brearey, Andy Halliday, – from the World of Elite Sport
- Mark Stacey – Consultant Anaesthetist, NHS
- Dr Paul Thomas – BBC Business Doctor, Leadership and Research Fellow in Complexity in Practice
- Keri Jones – HR Advisor
- Dr Ute Stephan – Expert in leadership from the Institute of Work Psychology at the University of Sheffield
- Neil Francombe and Steve Eaton – Specialist forces and firearms command
Who should attend?
This event is aimed at local and national businesses.
The Festival of Social Science is run by the Economic and Social Research Council and takes place from 3-10 November 2012. With events from some of the country’s leading social scientists, the Festival celebrates the very best of British social science research and how it influences our social, economic and political lives – both now and in the future. This year’s Festival of Social Science has over 180 creative and exciting events across the UK to encourage businesses, charities, government agencies, schools and college students to discuss, discover and debate topical social science issues. Press releases detailing some of the varied events and a full list of the programme are available at the Festival website. You can now follow updates from the Festival on twitter using #esrcfestival