ConsultIWP, the commercial arm of the Institute of Work Psychology, regularly hosts free business sessions, designed to help local businesses survive the economic downturn by providing them with valuable industry-leading insight and best practices.
The sessions, which are open to companies and organisations in all sectors and of all sizes, cover topical HR issues relevant in today’s challenging market conditions. Each session features top-class speakers and associates from the Univeristy of Sheffield Management School and the world-renowned Institute of Work Psychology who are at the cutting edge of developments in organizational and work psychology.
Why should you come along?
“From reflection will come even more effective action” – Peter Drucker
Our business sessions provide an excellent forum for stimulating discussion and sharing ideas and views as business leaders from across Yorkshire come together to share their own experiences.
You will walk away with a better understanding of ‘hot’ HR issues, and practical tools and ideas that you can use within your company. Excellent food and a chance to network and promote your own business with other local companies in a relaxed and informal environment help make these sessions the most talked-about networking events in Yorkshire.
Past attendees have their say:
“I thought you and your colleagues put on a great event and I have just booked for the next one!” Paul Kincell, Chartered Management Institute
“A good mix of theory Vs practice and an opportunity to implement theory-based practice back in the workplace”
Tanya Wright, South Yorkshire Police
Upcoming Free Events in 2009/2010
* Tuesday 3rd November 2009 – How to create successful and adaptable work teams
* Wednesday 2nd December 2009 – How to improve organisational performance through innovative supply chain management
* Tuesday 2nd February 2010 – Is unacceptable behaviour at work costing you and your employees?
* Tuesday 16th March 2010 – Job crafting – how to improve the quality of work by engaging employees
* Wednesday 19th May 2010 – How to engage with the challenges and opportunities of corporate social responsibility
These events are free but please do register in advance to secure your place. To register and for more information visit http://consultiwp.iwp.dept.shef.ac.uk/training/business_sessions or contact email@example.com 0114 222 3227.